"People who achieve great things have a passion that stirs their soul." ~ Florence Rita Rickards
We are not meant to play small. We are not meant to tiptoe through life gently and quietly, hoping to make it safely to death. No! We are created for Greatness. We are born with talent, ability and potential. These individuals accomplish more because they Live the Life they LOVE!
The truth is that people who generate success, do things in a certain way. There is an art and a science to creating and living the life you love. And like any art or science it can be taught, learned and mastered with the teaching, guidance and support of a coach or mentor. Here are 8 key ideas that you can use to generate success and maintain your momentum.
1. Passion and Purpose - People who achieve great things have a passion that stirs their soul. They have a dream or sense what their purpose in life is. Without that to fuel the journey, they wouldn't have what it takes to overcome the challenges and adversities along the way. You can download a FREE copy of the Passion and Purpose Assessment www.florencerickards.com. And, you can download a FREE copy of my chapter Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life at www.lighthousecoaching.ca.
2. Decision - Once you are clear on your purpose or dream the next step is to make a decision to go for it without being concerned about others opinions. The health of your mind and body, your social life, the type of relationships you develop … all are dependent upon your ability to make sound decisions.
3. Commitment - "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. The moment one commits... all sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor, all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic. Begin it now." ~ William Hutchison Murray
4. A clearly written Vision Statement - Some people spend more time planning a vacation than they do their own lives! If you are going on a trip you have a map. Well, creating the life you love is no different. For a FREE copy of my "Guide to Writing Your Vision," email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Take Action - Once you know what you want take action in the direction of your dream. Inspiration without action is merely entertainment.
6. Engage in some kind of structure of support. We are not meant to do it alone. Partner with a coach or mentor - someone you trust. When you begin to change your thinking so that you can change your life, your self-doubt, fear and worry may crop up. And, your family and friends might come up with all the reasons why you can't or shouldn't do it. When that happens having a coach or mentor is priceless.
7. Power of the Mastermind - Jim Rohn said, "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with." Being in a group of like-minded individuals that support one another in realizing their dreams is one of the main key to success.
8. Persistence and Determination - Stick with it. Change does not happen overnight. Changing thought patterns of a life time take time. "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." ~ Calvin Coolidge
Quantum leaps are possible. With a structure of support, a coach, and a good mastermind group, you can accelerate your progress and experience a quantum leap. "In some areas of your life what lies within your reach is enough to stagger the mind. You can double your level of success. Triple it. Far beyond that, you can leverage up your performance to the second or third or fourth power....or beyond." ~Price Pritchett.
Knowing my purpose has helped me navigate many challenging times and overcome much adversity! My passion and purpose in life - my soul's calling, is igniting the fire of the dream within YOU so that YOU can create and live the life you love! It's what gets me out of bed in the morning. And, It's what energizes me and fills me with joy and enthusiasm! It is the rocket fuel for my life. Let your purpose and passion be the rocket fuel for creating the life YOU Love!
Your Life Coach,
Florence Rita Rickards
FREE 3-part video series - Learn how to identify the “Hidden Signals” the Universe is sending YOU, “3 dream-traps and how to avoid them” and “9 key ways to Live a Life YOU Love”!